Simple Foot Treatments to Make Your Feet Beautiful & Pain-Free
As warm weather approaches this season, more people are starting to don sandals and open-toed shoes; however – for those who have unsightly, painful, or embarrassing foot conditions – this may not seem like an option. But there is no need to hide away your bunions or hammertoes in winter shoes at the beach anymore, because there are many treatment options – both medical and cosmetic – for your feet.
You walk on your feet all day long, so it’s time to show them some love.
Our world-renowned foot specialists at La Peer Health Systems can help you beautify your feet and encourage you to flaunt your bare toes once again, without the pain or embarrassment. One of the best podiatrists in Los Angeles, Dr. Kamran Jamshidinia, offers many types of treatments and surgeries that you may never have considered.
You May Also Need:
Bunion Treatments and Surgery
Many people shy away from bunion surgery because of the common myths surrounding it, such as the idea that the procedure is extremely painful. While any surgery may be painful, bunionectomies are done as an expedient outpatient procedure, and patients can go home within hours.
Bunions can be painful and may hinder you from wearing normal shoes. When the pain becomes severe, it may be time to look into surgery, as leaving it untreated and open to bunion progression can significantly increase the pain.
Medical treatment or surgery can help restore your foot to its normal state. After treatment, you can break out those sandals without having to worry about the health or appearance of your feet.
Hammertoes can be extremely painful and uncomfortable, and often disrupt your balance because they cause your toes to curl incorrectly. La Peer Health Systems offers a quick outpatient hammertoe procedure to relax the tissue in the foot and restore your toes to their natural state.
This hammertoe procedure can be life changing, as it not only alleviates the pain and restores your balance, but it can also help you fit back into regular shoes again.
It may surprise you to know how common this procedure is. Many people are afflicted with a second or third toe that is too long, and this can cause painful callusing and joint dislocating. A toe shortening procedure is quick and can be done as an outpatient surgery, with a minimal amount of recovery time.
You May Also Like:
There are several simple foot treatments you can do at home to keep your feet beautiful and pain-free:
- Soak your feet: Soaking your feet in warm water can help soothe and relax your muscles, soften your skin, and relieve any pain. You can add Epsom salt or essential oils to the water for added benefits.
- Exfoliate: Use a foot scrub or a pumice stone to exfoliate any rough, dry, or dead skin on your feet. This will leave your feet feeling soft and smooth.
- Moisturize: Apply a moisturizing foot cream or lotion to your feet after exfoliating. This will help keep your skin hydrated and prevent cracks and dryness.
- Stretch: Stretching your feet can help relieve any tension and pain. Try stretching your toes, rolling a tennis ball under your feet, or using a foot roller.
- Wear comfortable shoes: Wearing shoes that fit well and provide proper support can help prevent foot pain and discomfort. Avoid wearing high heels or tight shoes for extended periods of time.
- Massage: Massaging your feet can help improve circulation, reduce tension, and relieve pain. You can use your hands or a massage tool like a foot roller or a tennis ball.
By incorporating these simple foot treatments into your regular self-care routine, you can keep your feet looking and feeling great!
Contact a Podiatrist in Los Angeles Today
Summer is here, and the last thing on your mind should be worrying about pain or the appearance of your feet. With so many different medical and cosmetic options, you can finally focus on the good things in life, rather than how you’re going to wear close-toed shoes to the beach.
If you are interested in learning about treatment options for your feet or preparing for bunion surgery in Los Angeles, call us at (888) 552-9732 to speak to one of our board-certified podiatrists and learn more about treatment options. You can also fill out our online contact form and a representative from our office will be in touch with you shortly.
If you know someone who suffers from foot pain or simply wants to keep their feet healthy and beautiful, share this article with them today! These simple foot treatments can be easily incorporated into their daily self-care routine and make a significant difference in their overall health and well-being.
Bunion Specialist Near me:
Leave a Reply